GQ: May Diary
Wed 01 May 2013
Big in the borough
With the opening of its 17th office, in the heart of South Kensington, Marsh & Parsons now has a bigger presence in the area than any other estate agent. The company has been selling property here since 1856, and the new launch follows hot on the heels of its Earl's Court opening in April 2012. The 1700sqft office has benefited from a 350,000 refurbishment, of which the high-tech media wall is perhaps the starring attraction.
Chief executive Peter Rollings is keen to tap into a seam of demand from international buyers, for whom South Kensington is often'the first port of call'. Meanwhile, a database shared among its seven other branches in the neighbourhood will help 'improve our coverage of the area for exisiting clients', giving them access to an established pool of 10,000 buyers and tenants.